Saturday, July 10, 2010

So What Do You Get Cats For Their Birthdays?


Yesterday, I received seven birthday cards in the mail. Which threw me a little because my birthday isn't for three months.

On the other hand, my sister's birthday was yesterday. I wondered if some of our family members and/or mutual friends had gotten us confused again . It happens. Then I saw the cards were all from PetSmart. And they were addressed to Henry, Sammy, Nettie, CJ, Koko, Ernie and Roxie.

Is it that time again already?

What do you get cats for their birthdays?

The obvious presents -- kitty condos, catnip toys, scratching posts -- have all been done before. Over and over.

The not-so-obvious gifts: electronic, self-scooping litter boxes, grooming sets, water fountains, well, those have been done, too.

There's always the practical route. But I wouldn't want flea medicine or laxatives (even beef or tuna-flavored) for my birthday. Why would they?

The most unpopular birthday gift to date? According to Henry, Sammy, Koko, Nettie and CJ, that would be July 24, 2005, when Ernie came to be their birthday present/little brother. Henry is still pissed at me about it.

None of which solves my current dilemma. But I still have a few weeks to mull it over. Since PetSmart included some birthday coupons with the cards, whatever I get probably will come from there.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment