Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back From My Blogging Break -- Gobble, Gobble.


Photo: My new BFFs, Tom and Tommy
So did anyone even realize I'd been gone? Honestly, I didn't intend to take a "blogcation." I just looked at the calendar one day and realized ... it had been a while.

You didn't miss much. But for those of you breathless to hear the details, here goes:

I visited my sister's in-laws in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

I learned that, unlike a lot of fowl, turkeys actually have personalities which is going to make it mighty hard for me to celebrate Thanksgiving properly from here on out. Gobble, gobble. (By the way, Tom and Tommy weren't the only ones gobbling. I ate A LOT during this mini vacation)

I watched my niece, brush, saddle and ride a horse for the first time -- and love it.

I took my car in for its 30,000 mile service.

I made a yummy chocolate pound cake. Southern Living never lets me down on the classics. Gobble, gobble.

I finalized the details for my birthday blowout in Venice (Italy, not California).

Yep, it's gonna happen for real.

We all have to turn the big 5-0 sometime.

Might as well do it in Italy.

Adriatic seafood. Pasta. Risotto. Proseco. (Gobble, gobble.)

They don't eat turkey there, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment