Monday, July 4, 2011

My House Overfloweth


The House Where the Black Cat Lives has always been pretty much at capacity, but for the past week or so we've been overrun with black cats.

Gizmo, now about six months old, has been caught and spayed. She now resides in my guest bedroom waiting for relocation into a new home. Although she retains some of the skittish mannerisms of a feral cat, she is a naturally affectionate kitten, given to spontaneous cuddles and outbursts of impromptu purring. She is well on her way to being someone's devoted companion.


Gizmo


Her mother, Funny Face, has finally been caught and spayed (the culmination of over a year's worth of effort). She remains in her old neighborhood, adopted as a yard cat. Another happy ending.




Three of the four kittens in her last litter were caught at one go and are now undergoing socialization in my guest bathroom as a prelude to being placed in new homes. They are about seven weeks old now -- a truly adorable age. All are black and white tuxedo kitties with white whiskers and longish hair. While they still hiss defensively when I pick them up unexpectedly, they grow friendlier every day, allowing me to cuddle them (kitten therapy is the best!) and tease them with the feather wand.

As you might guess, all this extra kitty love pretty much eats up all my spare time -- the time I used to use for eating, sleeping ... and blogging. So my apologies for having been away, but it's been for a good reason.

So .... anyone looking for a kitten? Call me!

No comments:

Post a Comment