Friday, December 24, 2010

Cats In My Christmas Tree

There was a time, not so many Christmases ago, that the cats in my tree would have been real ones. As kittens, my babies loved to climb up in the branches and take a nap. It was always fun to see my house guests' egg nog go flying when one of the adorable "realistic" cat ornaments leaped out of the branches.

This Christmas, the cats in the tree, are of the ornamental variety. My tree is a reflection of me and the things important to me .... and, well, I am a cat mama .... so there are a few kitty ornaments in there with the stars, St. Nicks and Mr. Bingles.

Like these musical little tabbies that play Jingle Bells when their tummies are squeezed.





These little black cats are really gift tags, but they work well as ornaments don't you think?





My favorites may be the newest feline additions to the tree, these two stylin' black cats.









And, on that note, Henry, Sammy, Nettie, C.J., Koko, Ernie, Roxie and I all wish you a very Merry Christmas .... from the House Where the Black Cat Lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment