Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Homebody Weekend

I love weekends where I actually see some forward motion in my life.

The House Where The Black Cat Lives renovation "to do" list is getting down to a manageable level -- though far from done.

This weekend, I finally got electricians over to put in all those light fixtures that have been sitting around in boxes since ... well, let's see since I moved in the house, I guess. I am particularly proud of the double pendant fixture over my island. It's starting to look like a kitchen in a decorating magazine. Or it will after the floors, the countertops and the backsplash are done. Small steps. But it sure looks a lot better than it did when I moved in.

When it is over, I'll be sure to post my "before" and "after" photos so you can see just what a project this has been.

While buying a birthday present for a friend of mine, I found a present for myself (isn't that how it always works: one for you, one for me), an adorable little portrait of a waving crab --by Coast artist, Elizabeth Huffmaster at Main Street Books here in the 'burg. (Just had to get in my plug for Coast artists and independent booksellers).

On Friday, I went for friends to see "Julie & Julia." I knew I would love it. And I did! Well, let's see it's about blogging, cooking and Paris. How could it miss? I have always loved Julia Child. What a rich life she lived. And what an inspiration. She achieved so much in her life -- most of it after age 40. Also great to see some of my favorite Paris haunts, E. Dehilleron, Shakespeare & Co., the markets on film. I must own this movie. And start cooking more. And go back to Paris. As many times as possible.

I think Julia would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment