Monday, August 24, 2009

A Total GRITS weekend

This past weekend was special. I got to shop. Eat good food. And, best of all, visit with two of my very best friends from college. I see Tana pretty frequently (she was one of the angels who provided me –and my cats- refuge after Katrina), but I hadn’t seen Cathy in 10 years.

In college we were inseparable. We partied together, shared secrets, dated the same guys and compared notes (no guy was ever as important as our friendship back then). I was a bridesmaid at her wedding.

Cathy had a business trip back to the Deep South, so we did what all good GRITS (Girls Raised in the South) do when they get together. We went to a fancy restaurant, drank wine and ate – what else – grits (with shrimp). And laughed. And talked. And talked. And laughed.

This time around our conversation revolved more around hot flashes than hot dates, but the years just seemed to melt away. It was over much too soon, but now we have one more shared memory.

Here’s hoping we don’t let another 10 years go by before we make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment